Jul 23, 2010

Vintage Ideas for Modern Living


I became aware of Amy Butler as I browsed through one of her books while babysitting.  I ordered Found Style from the library and I'm already a fan!  This husband-wife duo own and operate a design studio in Granville, Ohio.  They also create fabric, graphic, and product designs for their studio.  Check them out here!


"Sometimes you have to look beyond the history of an item to see its potential."  Found Style




"Good style is ultimately a found style--stumbled upon, discovered, and collected over time.  It is easier to hire a designer, choose to be either shocking or conservative, to use massive clutter or leave rooms nearly empty for effect.  But homes that feature a true sense of style are most often those that have been lovingly assembled over time, piece by piece, matching old and new with creativity, common sense, thriftiness, and occasional humor."  Found Style

3 comments:

megan said...

Great finds!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy I can't wait to see it! I just tried to request it but my library doesn't have it :(

abbey said...

You'll love it Katie! It's not due yet and I just finished it. You can borrow it! :)