Sep 28, 2010

{peppermint}

I love peppermint anything!  Candy, ice cream, gum, etc....  Not only do I enjoy the taste of it but I also love the scent!

Recently I've been introduced to peppermint oil.  I found out about some pretty cool uses for it on Passionate Homemaking.

Here's what they had to say:

Peppermint oil is invigorating and intensely cooling. One to two drops can counteract headache pain if applied straight on the temples and neck. If the summer heat is getting to me or I want to cool down after a work out, I put a drop on the back of my neck or several drops in a small spray bottle to immediately cool down my whole body. It’s amazing! Dilute a few drops of peppermint in 1 teaspoon of carrier or vegetable oil and rub on the stomach for tummy ache. Keep the bottle open by you when studying for increased recall power. I’ve used it while driving to stay awake on long trips. It smells like chocolate mint—it’s so delicious!
I tried rubbing some on my neck after running on a hot day and it was SO refreshing!  Just a drop will work wonders! 

Also, I came across this soothing foot bath idea from somewhere: Fill a container with very warm water and add a few drops of peppermint oil.  I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it feels wonderful!

Anyone have any additional ideas?

No comments: